Global Health Connection is a monthly newsletter published by Rutgers Global Health Institute. Each edition includes global health stories, events, and relevant resources from across Rutgers, all curated for your inbox in an easily digestible format.
The inaugural issue, published in February 2019, includes:
- Confronting the Brutal Inequality in Cancer Care – Botswana-Rutgers partnership includes training clinicians to provide the specialized medical services that are needed in oncology and related fields
- How to Develop Cultural Competence – Practical tips from nursing science faculty member Susan Caplan, an authority on the assessment and treatment of mental health issues in Latino communities
- Studying Global Health at Rutgers – Relevant coursework available across 15 of Rutgers’ 29 schools and colleges
- Seen on Social – School of Engineering faculty member Mark Pierce on Rutgers undergraduates’ interest in global health education
- Global Health Events – Upcoming talks on global surgery and the Ebola crisis in West Africa, as well as a global health nursing conference