This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Planning for Peace of Mind: A Workshop on Advanced Care Planning
June 11, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey and Cancer Support Community–Central New Jersey present a patient education event about the importance and benefits of advance care planning.
Topics will include:
● advanced directives
● living wills
● durable power of attorney for health care
● physician orders for life-sustaining treatment
● Ellen Levine, LCSW, OSW-C, Rutgers Cancer Institute
● Deb Leif, MSW, LCSW, Rutgers Cancer Institute
● Elsie Castrorao, RN, APN-C, MSN, OCN, Cancer Support Community
As a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Rutgers Cancer Institute prioritizes efforts that directly impact its host community—New Jersey—which includes many vulnerable populations.
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey (Auditorium A – first floor), 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Free to attend. Pre-registration is required; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-235-8093 to register. Lunch will be served.