This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
22nd International Workshop on Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) and Related Agents
June 30, 2019 - July 3, 2019
The 22nd International Workshop on Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) and Related Agents recognizes the 25th anniversary of the virus’s discovery. An organizer of this year’s conference is David M. Lukac, PhD, associate professor and director of the graduate track in infection, immunity, and inflammation at Rutgers’ New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Rutgers’ Office of Research and Economic Development and NJMS are conference sponsors.
This year’s conference will bring together researchers and clinicians working on the oncogenic human herpesvirus, KSHV, and other closely related pathogens. From the conference website: Tremendous progress has been made in the field, but this virus infection still poses a significant cancer burden to at-risk populations worldwide. The Kaposi’s sarcoma field is an active and complex multidisciplinary intersection of cancer biology and the pathogenesis of chronic herpesvirus infection with translational medicine involving rapid diagnostics and drug discovery.
• Hot Topics
• Mechanisms of Virus Replication Part 1: Early Events During Infection
• Processes of Virus Latency
• Virus-Host Interactions Part 1: Subversion of Host Defenses
• Virus Pathogenesis and Cancer
• Mechanisms of Virus Replication Part 2 : Lytic Gene Expression and Reactivation
• Virus-Host Interactions Part 2 : Subversion of Host Processes
• Virus-Host Interactions Part 3: Reprogramming Host Cells
• Virus Pathogenesis and Immunity
• Bench to Bedside