This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
“See, Test & Treat” Health Fair
October 12, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Rutgers’ New Jersey Medical School is sponsoring a free community health fair.
Women who are uninsured will have the opportunity to receive:
• cervical cancer screening
• mammography/breast exam
• HIV testing
• eye examination
• HPV vaccine (Limited quantities for ages 19-26. Note: Three doses of the HPV vaccine are required. Patients must arrange for the second and third dose.)
Test results, physician consultations, and follow-up care recommendations will be provided the same day. Also, financial assistance information will be available through the University Hospital Charity Care Office.
Other free programs and services for men, women, and families include:
• complimentary lunch
• music and entertainment
• children’s activities
• exercise demonstration
• colorectal cancer screening kits for men and women
• prostate health information for men
• health info goodie bag (after screening results are provided)
• information from community partners