This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
New Jersey Immunization Conference – Rise Together: Advancing Childhood Immunization Rates through Collaboration
June 21 @ 9:30 am - 1:45 pm
The School of Public Health and the New Jersey Department of Health are holding part two of the New Jersey Immunization Conference on Wednesday, June 21, 2023. The following information is from the event description on the school’s website:
The Rise Together virtual conference will focus on collaborative community efforts to increase childhood immunization rates by engaging diverse groups of stakeholders. Health care providers, public health officials, and community leaders will share innovative strategies and solutions they’ve implemented to reach local vaccination goals, ensuring that all children have access to the life-saving benefits of immunization.
Visit the conference webpage for the list of participating speakers and other details.
Objectives for part two of the conference include:
- Describe short-term actions to support routine vaccination catch-up after the pandemic.
- Recognize reasons for vaccine hesitancy and tactics for effective patient communication.
- Explain New Jersey’s current immunization initiatives and highlight the state’s successes in promoting vaccination coverage.
- Identify strategies for dealing with vaccine hesitancy among parents and caregivers.
- Explain common barriers that cause low immunization rates among school-aged children.
- Understand the role of a public health strategist in promoting health equity.
Online via Zoom
Free. Register online in advance to participate. Nursing (CNE), Public Health (CE), and Health Education (CHES/MCHES) credits may be obtained. For more information, contact Kendra Julien, Rutgers Center for Public Health Workforce Development program coordinator, at email@example.com.