This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Envisioning Hunger-Free College in New Jersey
February 10, 2022 - February 11, 2022
Rutgers Student Affairs and Rutgers Cooperative Extension are hosting a virtual conference on February 10–11 that focuses on addressing student food insecurity at New Jersey colleges and universities. The conference will highlight innovative programming at institutions across the state and discuss how to move our campuses toward becoming hunger free.
Thursday, February 10, 2022
2 to 4 p.m.
“A Social Justice Approach to Addressing Basic Needs Insecurity”
- Welcome from Rutgers President Jonathan Holloway and New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy
- Keynote address by Rashida Crutchfield, associate professor and executive director of the Center for Equitable Higher Education to Study and Promote Economic, Food, and Housing Justice at the California State University–Long Beach School of Social Work
- Q&A and small group discussions
- Closing remarks
Friday, February 11, 2022
9 to 11:30 a.m.
“Moving NJ Forward: Next Steps for NJ”
- Remarks from New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education Brian Bridges
- Panel 1: Policy and Advocacy
- Panel 2: Innovative Programming and Practices in New Jersey
- Small group discussions
- Closing remarks
For full agenda details as well as speaker and panelist bios, visit go.rutgers.edu/hungerfreecollege. The conference is being supported by the New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education through a Hunger-Free Campus Grant to Rutgers University–New Brunswick, for which the principal investigator is Cara Cuite, a core faculty member of Rutgers Global Health Institute and an assistant extension specialist and assistant professor in the Department of Human Ecology at the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences.