This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Employing Technology to Improve Health Assessment, Health Communication, and Health Care Delivery
June 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Rutgers’ School of Communication & Information and School of Health Professions in collaboration with Harokopio University of Athens are hosting a virtual symposium on June 10. During the open session (9 to 10:30 a.m. EDT), faculty members from both universities will give short presentations on their research related to the use of technology to improve health assessment, health communication, and health care delivery. A reaction panel will kick off a Q&A session and conversation among all attendees.
The agenda includes:
Introductions and presentation of the Harokopio-Rutgers partnership
• COVID-19 Detection from Chest X-Ray Images Using Deep Learning and Convolutional Neural Networks: Instinct-Driven Research Versus the Reality, and Why Communication Would Help – Konstantinos Tserpes, Harokopio University
• Boosting the Digital Transformation of Healthcare with the Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools and Methods – George Dimitrakopoulos, Harokopio University
• Machine Learning for Objective Behavior Measurement and its Potential in Improving Health Communication – Christos Diou, Harokopio University
• Behavioral Informatics – Vivek Singh, Rutgers
• Development and Testing of a Mobile Health Application for Gestational Diabetes – Shristi Rawal, Rutgers
Reaction panel, Q&A, and discussion
• A panel of Rutgers and Harokopio faculty will initiate a Q&A session, during which all audience members will be able to ask questions of the presenters. All participants will be given an opportunity to have a dialogue on the issues raised by the research projects presented and their implications, and to identify top priorities for future research, teaching, professional practice, and policymaking.
• A more intimate event will follow this public event, during which presenters, panelists, and organizers will debrief but also further explore opportunities and pathways for future collaboration. Colleagues who wish to participate in future conversations related to this e-symposium’s topic, or in similar events to come, are welcome to communicate with the Rutgers organizers, Matthew Matsaganis (email@example.com) and Riva Touger-Decker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• This symposium is being developed as part of the International Academic Partnership Program in Greece (IAPP-Greece). IAPP-Greece is an academic incubator program sponsored in 2020 by the Greek Ministry of Education, the U.S. Department of Education, the Institute of International Education, and the Fulbright Foundation, among other organizations, designed to promote international collaboration between U.S. and Greek institutions of higher education.
Online via Zoom
Advance registration required by June 7. Free and open to the public. For more information, contact Riva Touger-Decker, associate dean of global affairs in the School of Health Professions, at email@example.com.