This calendar features events relevant to global health from throughout the Rutgers community. To inquire about listing your event, contact Lara De Meo Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
COVID-19: Worldwide Consequences on Women Discussion
April 26, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Rutgers Global is hosting a virtual discussion at 3:00 p.m. on April 26 about the consequences of COVID-19 on women worldwide. The program and featured speakers include:
• Laura Turquet – policy advisor and deputy chief, research and data team, UN Women
• Mary Njeri Kinyanjui – lecturer, Institute for Development Studies, University of Nairobi
• Ousseina D. Alidou – professor, linguistics and African studies, Rutgers
Sexual and reproductive health
• Giselle Carino – CEO, International Planned Parenthood Federation Western Hemisphere Region
• Beirne Roose-Snyder – director of public policy, Center for Health and Gender Equity
Violence against women and girls
• Alexandra Robinson – gender-based violence advisor, United Nations Population Fund
• Rebecca (Linchi) Hsu – assistant professor, Department of Economics, Howard University
• Rebecca Mark – director, Institute for Women’s Leadership, Rutgers
• Yana Van Der Meulen Rodgers – faculty director, Center for Women and Work, Rutgers
• Anu Gupta – assistant dean, Rutgers Global
Free and open to the public. Advance registration required; online access information will be provided to registered attendees. For more information, contact Flora McVay Bozkurt at Rutgers Global: email@example.com.